On Thursday 30th November, in partnership with changemaker, we invited experts from across the automotive and mobility industry to discuss how to reframe customer intimacy during the metamorphosis of the agency model – and beyond.
Hosted at the extraordinary immersive art experience, Frameless, the industry’s leading minds had the opportunity to explore, inspire, and delve into the key challenges currently facing the automotive sector, including:
- The Why: With the agency model revolutionising the automotive retail industry, why do we need to be concerned about customer intimacy? Why is there a need to reframe?
- The What: What will need to change to reframe and successfully embrace the future digital engagement ecosystems and the switch to the agency model? What part will technology and digital transformation play? What do we need to do to pave the way for transformation?
- The How: How do we make the above a reality?
Brands who were visible at the event included SMMT, Nissan, Honda, Volvo, and Autotrader.
The event offered attendees the opportunity to explore the immersive galleries, submerging themselves within the exhibits to really get their creative juices flowing. Following each gallery, a roundtable session allowed attendees to discuss the topics above, hearing multiple perspectives, and ultimately developing cross-sector solutions to the industry’s challenges.
The event was a fantastic opportunity to see up close and personal some of the key challenges the automotive industry is facing. The attendees offered brilliant insights and contributions – particularly around the importance of placing better, more personalised customer experiences at the heart of the move to the agency model.
What we’re taking away from the day is that striking the balance between automation, tech, and the human touch is still an area that automotive retailers are finding tricky, as well as ensuring joined up data and insights across every part of the customer journey. Particularly in this sector, technology is becoming more sophisticated and more intelligent at speed – whilst it’s important to keep up, it’s also vital to ensure your customers don’t get lost along the way.Nathian Carnall, Chief Operating Officer, ArvatoConnect
- It’s time to focus on JOY and create a friction-free buying experience for consumers
- We know we must interact with consumers across a variety of channels – the challenge is knowing the intricacies of each platform and creating a seamless omnichannel experience
- Remove barriers. Reducing the need for customers to jump through hoops and providing them with easy access to relevant information is vital for creating a better experience. Customer confusion needs to be eliminated
- Connections and data are key. How can the organisation, vehicle, and the mobility services it offers know who customers are and be intelligent enough to move this insight between vehicles and departments, all whilst creating valuable exchanges so consumers are happy to share their data?
- A shift in mindset is needed – from treating employees the right way to drive desired behaviours and developing shared longer-term goals that are truly customer-centric. We also have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable and failing (and learn) quickly to keep pace and not get left behind.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be working closely with changemaker to develop an in-depth report from the event, highlighting common themes, key topics, and actions to take forward in the industry. In the meantime, enjoy this fantastic animation from the day.