We’re excited to share that we’ve been announced as the winner for the ‘Best Advice Line / Helpline’ category at the Welsh Contact Centre Awards – specifically our Shared Service Centre, based in Swansea. This is a fantastic achievement and solidifies the important and innovative work the Centre undertakes.
The virtual judging panels were held during July, and we found out the result on Friday 29th September.
The Welsh Contact Centre Forum (now rebranded as CNECT Wales) Awards recognise the very best in Welsh innovation and talent – from companies to individuals in the contact centre and shared service industry. Celebrating its 25th year, the event is set to be a fantastic occasion – previous hosts of the awards have included TV star Richard Ayoade and Strictly Come Dancing presenter Claudia Winkleman.
For us, this recognition comes in the form of our Shared Service Centre, specifically our advice line. This is the front line for all our shared service operations, with a team of 17 individuals, managing over 100,000 transactions annually, from both customers and suppliers. Aside from this, our advice line highlights include:
- A multi-skilled team across two enterprise resource planning (ERP) platforms and trained across all service lines, with the capability to ‘fix first time’
- Investing in our people. All new starters go through an extensive training plan and each team member has completed, or is in the process of completing, a Customer Service NVQ accreditation in partnership with Gower College
- Over the past year, e-tickets and emails have been responded to on average within two working days and an advisor can be reached via telephone within five seconds of joining the queue
- The team is recruited primarily within the local South Wales community, working closely with local colleges to onboard apprentices and students
- Process and transactions have been moved nearer to the customer, resulting in faster request processing (41% of requests being completed the same day and 84% completed within four working days)
- 93% of customers were satisfied with the quality of customer service the team provided
This recognition follows a string of shortlistings for the business over the last year, including the UK National Contact Centre Awards and Digital Technology Leaders Awards.
Mathew Copp, Director of Operations – Public Sector, ArvatoConnect, commented:
It’s a testament to the fantastic work of the Swansea team that we’ve won this prestigious award at the Welsh Contact Centre Awards. From the new processes and solutions we’ve implemented to the sterling customer satisfaction results we’ve achieved, our advice line team truly embody what it means to be future shapers and experience makers at Arvato.
You can find out more about the Welsh Contact Centre Awards here.