Our ‘Be 100% You Every Day’ internal communications and employee engagement strategy has won the ‘Best internal communications strategy’ at the Engage Awards 2021.
The awards, which took place on Thursday 2nd December, celebrate inspirational customer and employee engagement excellence and recognise those leading the way with their achievements over the past 12 months. The ceremony was hosted by renowned comedian and presenter, Josh Widdicombe, with support from Roger Tilling, the legendary voice of BBC’s University Challenge.
We developed ‘Be 100% You Every Day’, to show that we recognise that for our people to give their all at work, we must champion individual personalities, skills and motivations. Our goal was to generate greater connectivity with our employees and develop a more engaged workforce who have a clear sense of what it means to work for Arvato and understand what their contribution means to the business. This included fostering a ‘one team’ ethos; creating a fun, experiential programme that remained true to our brand; and championing our employees’ voices by having them front the campaign.
With a distinct tone of voice and visual identity, ‘Be 100% You Every Day; included a series of new initiatives, from a dedicated awards programme and Big Debate employee forum to a new Wellbeing Centre and new rewards, recognition and Q&A platforms, designed to maximise engagement.
Since the launch of the strategy, we’ve continued to evolve our internal communications, especially over the last 12 months, to make sure we effectively communicate in a relevant and timely manner, and reach employees both in our offices and working from home. Here are just some of the results:
- In our recent Pulse Survey, we increased employee participation by 305%, resulting in 94% of these employees saying that Arvato is a pleasant place to work, 97% stating that our workplace culture is accepting of diversity.
- Our new recognition and employee benefits platform has transformed the way managers and colleagues recognise one another’s achievements, with over 200 eCards and 150 ‘Little Thank Yous’ (monetary awards allocated by managers) in the first five months of going live.
- Our Wellbeing Centre has seen engagement continuing to grow, with over 1,250 page views. During a recent Healthy Eating Week initiative, we saw a week on week increase of 152% views to the overall Wellbeing Centre and a 200% increase in unique visitors.
- Over 200 employees were recognised and rewarded, with a total of 3,850 votes from our 1,170 employees in our Be 100% You Awards annually.
- Employees raised over £8,500 for our chosen charities, Macmillan and Mind in the last two years.
Zoe Kalinowski, Internal Communications Manager, ArvatoConnect said: “We’re extremely proud to have won this prestigious award, which recognises the hard work that’s gone into embedding this strategy and the way that it’s encouraged greater collaboration across our business – ensuring that our people are more engaged and feel part of our journey!
“Overall, the campaign has received an overwhelmingly positive response, fulfilling our goal of reaching all employees across multiple demographics, through a unified, consistent and creative comms programme, even during the pandemic restrictions.”
You can find out more about the awards here – and congratulations to everyone involved!