Our ‘Be 100% You Every Day’ internal communications strategy has been shortlisted for the ‘Most effective employee engagement communications strategy’ in Reward Gateway’s Engagement Excellence Awards and for ‘Best internal communications strategy’ in the Engage Awards 2021.
The awards celebrate companies that are leading the way in employee engagement and those working to make the world a better place to work.
We launched ‘Be 100% You Every Day’ in January 2019, which recognised that for our people to give their all at work, we must champion their individual personalities, skills and motivations. The main aims of the strategy are to celebrate successes to generate a ‘one team’ ethos; create a fun, experiential programme that remains true to our brand; and to champion employees’ voices by having them front the campaign. With a distinct tone of voice and visual identity, it involved a series of new initiatives, from a dedicated awards programme and Big Debate employee forum to new rewards and recognition and Q&A platforms, designed to maximise engagement.
Since then, the programme has evolved to help us continue to effectively communicate in a relevant and timely manner. As a result of the pandemic, we’ve adapted our internal communications to ensure we reach employees who are working from home and the ‘Be 100% You Every Day’ strategy has given us the golden thread to do this.
The ‘Be 100% You Every Day’ strategy has already transformed engagement levels across Arvato, including:
- In our recent Pulse Survey, we increased employee participation by 305%, resulting in 94% of these employees saying that Arvato is a pleasant place to work and 97% stating that our workplace culture is accepting of diversity.
- Our new recognition and employee benefits platform has transformed the way managers and colleagues recognise one another’s achievements, with over 200 eCards and 150 ‘Little Thank Yous’ (monetary awards allocated by managers) in the first five months of going live.
- Our Wellbeing Centre has seen engagement continuing to grow, with over 1,250 page views. During a recent Healthy Eating Week initiative, we saw a week on week increase of 152% views to the overall Wellbeing Centre and a 200% increase in unique visitors.
- Over 200 employees are recognised and rewarded, with a over 3,850 votes from our employees in our Be 100% You Awards annually.
- Employees raised over £8,500 for our chosen charities, Macmillan and Mind in the last two years.
Zoe Kalinowski, Internal Communications Manager, ArvatoConnect said: “Overall, the campaign has received an overwhelmingly positive response, fulfilling our objective of developing a strategy that allows us to reach all employees across multiple demographics, through a unified, consistent comms programme, even during the pandemic restrictions.
“Thanks to ‘Be 100% You Every Day,’ we have a bold and recognisable brand which links our communications across the business with consistent messaging and tone of voice – which is a key principle of our internal comms and engagement – so we’re very proud that this has also been recognised by two such prestigious awards programmes too!”
The Engage Excellence Awards winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in London on 4th November. You can find out more and view the winners across all the categories here. And the Engage Awards will take place on 2nd December – read more here.